Zotero Connector not working with Firefox update

My Z disappeared from Firefox when it updated. I did re-install the Zotero connector and the button then showed up, changing afterward to an icon depending on the type of doc I was displaying in Firefox (newspaper, pdf, etc., etc.) Zotero was online and available. When I right-clicked on the icon I got the "Save to Zotero", with the usual options displayed. So far so good. But when I clicked on an option nothing happened at all. No pop-up saying what was going on. No record on Zotero, when I looked, that the item had actually been saved. Any suggestions?
  • Run through https://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues providing all information in the last step if the first 10 don't help.
  • I did run through the steps, and although the Connector worked properly on an NYTimes test page, I still couldn't save my desired pdf so I'm now providing the information in the last step.
    --The URL of site I'm trying to save is http://www.gulfofmaine.org/state-of-the-gulf/docs/the-gulf-of-maine-in-context.pdf.
    --When I tried to get a Debug ID I followed all steps and got number 1196113132, with no D in front of it, so this may not be usable.
    --I don't get any pop-up when I try to save page, which is the problem I'm having.
    --As to name of translator...I don't know. All I get when I hover cursor over gray icon says "Save to Zotero (Web page with Snapshot)"
  • The page links to instructions for providing a Debug ID. You provided a Report ID, which is different.

But for your example URL, note that, due to recent Firefox changes, it's not possible for us to show the save popup when viewing a PDF, so you shouldn't expect to see a popup there. You'll just see a checkmark or red X depending on whether the save succeeded or failed. As long as Zotero is open, the PDF should be saved to Zotero.
  • OK, I understand that I didn't get a debug number. I tried again and got the number D1264244746.
    Thanks for looking at the test example. I'm trying to save with Zotero open. The first problem is that the pdf icon never appears, even after the document is fully loaded; all I see is the gray webpage icon. The second problem is that no check-mark appears, and no X either, even though the save fails every time.
  • I'm not seeing an attempt to reload the PDF in that debug output. Can you restart Firefox and try reloading a few times with debug output logging enabled and provide another Debug ID?
  • When I restarted Firefox the Save worked! The first sign was that I immediately got the pdf icon on the part of the address bar where the Z Connector icons are located, and then when I clicked on that icon I got a check-mark.
    Thanks very much to you and your colleague for the clear instructions throughout this discussion. Perhaps I'll never need to fool with translator problems again, but if I do I'll know exactly what Z help pages to look at and the steps to take. I appreciate the time you've both taken.