Question about using WebDav

Hi everyone,

I've got a question about using WebDav for syncing my collection. When I use a third-party WebDav service, does Zotero still sync my metadata with Zotero's own server, so that it is still accessible through 'My Library' at zotero.org for instance?

Thanks!
  • yes, exactly like that.
  • Perfect, thanks for the information. My metadata is far more important than the pdf themselves so I am glad to hear they are safely stored in Zotero's server and is accessible via this website. Thanks again!
  • And just out of curiosity, does Zotero also sync the first 300 Mb of files in its own server or by using a WebDAV service Zotero will only keep the metadata?
  • With WebDAV enabled, Zotero will sync all files there (the library metadata always syncs with Zotero servers, for free).
  • Thanks for all the info, really appreciate it.
  • I have a related question. With WebDAV attachment sync enabled, it looks like only newly added attachments get synced to the third-party service. Would anyone know how to sync the entire library, with attachments, using WebDAV? Is that possible?
  • edited February 19, 2019
    You’re mistaken, all attachments, not just new ones, will sync to WebDAV.
  • @rhearty1 Yes, I can confirm that all my attachments, including old ones, were sync to WebDAV when I switched to it.