Changes in library not reflected in bibliography

Hi - I have been standardising the entries in my library in Zotero Stand Alone. When I subsequently created a bibliography, some changes are reflected and others are not.
For example, I have an author Jay Barney. I have changed the library entry to Barney J. but in the bibliography the author still keeps appearing as Jay Barney while the librrry entry remain Barney J. Has also happened when I have changed entries from a manuscript to a published article. I have tried refreshing, closing programmes and restarting the PC. Still the same issue. Thanks for any advice.
  • By "refreshing" you mean the "Refresh" button on the Zotero toolbar in your word processor?

When you cite these items in a new document, do they look correctly?

When you cite the same item again in the original document, try selecting it from under "My Bibliography" not under "Cited" -- does that produce a duplicate reference in the bibliography?
  • Thanks Adam. In answer to yours question, yes, yes, yes - but is displaying as I wanted. So if I go through the document and replace the problematic citations, the bibliography should look OK.
  • Yes -- the "Cited" version is likely just stored in the document then. THat'd e.g. have happened if you deleted the version that you had cited previously.
  • OK thanks for your help.