OSCOLA Style: numbering cross-reference footnotes

Hello,
I am using the OSCOLA style in microsoft word 2010 and when citing for a second (third, etc) time a reference, Zotero consistently writes the "Author (n footnote number+1)"

An example:
6 Rod Thomas, 'Issues of Definition' (2016) 6 Law Journal
14 Thomas (n 7)

When if accurate footnote number 14 should be: '14 Thomas (n 6)'

And this happens with all the references. I already tried to update both zotero and the style, refresh zotero citations, insert footnotes with office option/ with zotero options. No matter how I do it, the result is always that the number zotero writes is the footnote number where the paper first appears plus one.
How can I solve this?
  • Very odd -- did you change footnote numbering somehow, e.g. to restart at 1 to insert an acknowledgement footnote that's not numbered? Zotero always starts the count at 1, no matter what Word shows.

• Thanks Adam.
    I do have one footnote that preceeds the paper. I did set a change of section and established for starting footnote numbering when changing sections. Shouldn't this solve the issue? Because the problem still persists.
    Any other ideas?
  • No, sorry, Zotero/CSL can't handle this. You'd have to remove the first footnote while you write and then, at the very end, remove Zotero field code in a copy of the document (which will prevent the supra number from updating) and then inserting the footnote
  • I do have the same problem (n+1) problem with OSCOLA and Word.