UI bugs - drag-and-drop pdfs

2 minor UI bugs that I have noticed "for a while":

1) If an item is expanded and I try to drag-and-drop a pdf into it from the disk (say the desktop), I think invariably the pdf ends up "orphaned" at the bottom of the list of items. It's like I can't find the correct spot to drop it into (for one thing the visual feedback doesn't kick in if I am dragging into it from outside firefox; this cue only appears if I am dragging within zotero).

2) After drag-and-dropping the pdf into zotero, the browser gives no feedback into what's going on - visually nothing changes, unless I try to click on the browser, in which case it goes blank for a second or two (while it's doing its thing, I assume) before returning control of the browser back to me. It would be preferable to have a little message window ("Importing pdf", "digesting pdf", "ingesting pdf" or whatever sounds right) reporting on what's going on, akin to what happens when you drag an item from the status bar to Zotero.

Using:
Zotero 2.0b5
Firefox 3.0.11
Win XP SP2

Cheers,
-Alex
  • I think 1) may be fixed.

But I just wanted to bump 2). There should be GUI feedback while the PDF is being downloaded (unless that is technically unfeasible or has some drawback I don't realize...)

Thanks,
    -Alex