Moving Zotero and attached pdfs from hard disk to USB drive - how?

I want to move my zotero database and the attached pdfs from my hard disk to a USB stick. I managed to install portable firefox on the USB drive, moved my old Zotero database (1.x) to the stick, installed the lastest 1.x zotero. Now everything works from the stick, except my pdfs which were apparently not stored in the zotero storage folder.

2 problems remains:
1.How to move the pdfs to the USB stick so I do not have to reset every link one-by-one? Is there a global path somewhere in a config file for zotero to know which directory contains the pdfs? (all my pdfs are under the same directory path)

2. I have set the zotero database storage to point to the appropriate folder on the USB stick. Unfortunately Zotero seems to remember the drive letters what the stick acquire when plugged in - this could be g: or f: or whaterver, depending on the computer used... So the zotero database needs resetting every time? How could this be avoided?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Viktor
  • 1. Where are your pdfs, if they weren't in your zotero storage folder? Were they added as links?

2. Use the default data directory, (which will be in the firefox portable profile directory).