Why does Zotero not allow me to correctly file metadata/citations at sites like Politico ?

edited December 18, 2018
Politico is a major news site. At first, I thought I was unable to capture citation data there. I use Chrome. Tried to do it in Firefox but same thing happens. In both cases, the Zotero connector icon shows a blue "page" indicating that it can see the metadata. When I click on it to save the data, nothing happens. Neither does the Zotero program pop up telling me to input all the data manually (it used to do that some years back). My chrome is the latest version.

By way of contrast, when I click on an article at the NY Times website, and then click on the Zotero connector icon, a tiny window pops up asking me which folder to store the data in. No such folder pops up at Politico, regardless of browser.

I see that the connector IS saving the data, but, it the window asking where to file it is not popping up. Turns out that I saved the article's data five times, and the material is being snapshotted and going to "unfiled items" without prompting me to put it there. Why am I not given the option to file the item correctly?