Zotero Standalone: "An error has occurred"

Hello - When I open up Zotero Standalone, I'm getting the following message.

"An error has occurred. Please restart Zotero."

I've tried restarting several times, and checked my sync log-in details etc. but no change. Any ideas please?

Error report ID = 1682781295

Thanks,
Anna
  • [JavaScript Error: "Zotero.Prefs.get(...) is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js" line: 2365}]
    Zotero.ItemTreeView.prototype.getSortFields@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js:2365:24
    Zotero.ItemTreeView.prototype.sort@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js:1448:19
    Zotero.ItemTreeView.prototype.refresh<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js:438:3
    [JavaScript Error: "format is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/zoteroPane.js" line: 1723}]
    [JavaScript Error: "numConcurrent must be provided" {file: "resource://zotero/concurrentCaller.js" line: 73}]
    These are some odd errors.

We don't normally recommend this, but start by uninstalling Zotero (your data won't be affected) and reinstall it from the download page.

If that doesn't help, close Zotero, go to your Zotero profile directory, and move prefs.js to your desktop. Then start Zotero and see if the problem is fixed. If it is, email that old prefs.js file on your desktop to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread so that we can figure out what happened here. (You can then delete it.) If not, we'll need to debug this further.
  • Thank you so much, our IT department have reinstalled and the problem seems to have gone away.