Moving a collection in my library to group

edited December 8, 2018
I am attempting to drag a large collection from my Library to a Group that I am sharing with, but it won't work. I keep getting this error: POST data not provided. What am I doing wrong?

[JavaScript Error: "HTTP POST https://api.zotero.org/users/4574580/items failed with status code 400"]

[JavaScript Error: "Error(s) encountered during statement execution: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed [QUERY: INSERT INTO itemRelations (itemID, predicateID, object) VALUES (?, ?, ?)] [PARAMS: 428, 1, http://zotero.org/groups/2264454/items/QYIKFCG2] [ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js" line: 668}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error(s) encountered during statement execution: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed [QUERY: INSERT INTO collectionRelations (collectionID, predicateID, object) VALUES (?, ?, ?)] [PARAMS: 2, 1, http://zotero.org/groups/2264454/collections/CIX3I74J] [ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js" line: 668}]

[other errors removed — D.S.]

version => 5.0.58, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 6.1; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.58, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.58, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.9.SA.5.0.58, extension), Shockwave Flash (32.0.0.101, plugin)
  • edited December 8, 2018
    "POST data not provided" would be a sync error, so that wouldn't be something that you'd get from the drag itself, though it might show up concurrently if you have auto-sync enabled.

How large is the collection?

Does the collection already exist in the group library? If so, try dragging the items within the collection in the source library to the collection in the target library.

If you're still having trouble, 1) temporarily disable auto-sync in the Sync pane of the preferences to keep things clean, 2) restart Zotero, and 3) provide a Debug ID for a drag attempt that fails, along with a description of exactly what happens. (And no need to post the output here — just the ID is sufficient.)
  • Hi there,
    The collection is large: ~5500 citations and it doesn't already exist in the group library.

A
  • OK, so we'd want to see a Debug ID for a drag attempt, following the steps above.
  • Do I need to create an empty folder for the collection, or can I just drag it into the Group area until I see the "+" sign?
  • When I dragged the collection and dropped it in the Group where the + appeared, nothing happened. It said Loading on the screen, but the Group remained empty.

[JavaScript Error: "'relations' not loaded for item (2/1/TNJYJVY8)"]

version => 5.0.58, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 6.1; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.58, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.58, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.9.SA.5.0.58, extension), Shockwave Flash (32.0.0.101, plugin)
  • Again, we need a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for this, and we don’t need output posted here.
  • Thanks. Here's the Debug ID...

D1750980234
  • edited December 10, 2018
    That looks like you still have a sync running. Does this happen with auto-sync disabled and no sync running? (That shouldn't be necessary, but we need you to try it without an active to debug this.)

If it still happens, can you provide another Debug ID without a sync running?
  • What ever you did, it's working now. I was able to drag my library file into the group one! Do you still want the auto-sync disabled Debug ID, or are we good to go?
  • I didn't do anything. There's certainly a bug here, and it likely stems from a sync kicking in (or being running already) while a large drag is taking place. We'll look into that.

You can turn auto-sync back on if you turned it off. (Just know that, until we fix this, disabling it temporarily might help if you need to drag a large number of items.)
  • Thanks so much! I am just verifying with my colleague that she can see the group library. Will let you know if I have any further issues. Happy Holidays!

Ann