please enable some 'fuzzy search' with diacritics, names hard to find

There is an old thread with the issue https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/40530/diacritic-tolerant-search-fields but I would like to add an example, hoping that if I explain some usability issue the devs can address the issue.

I am working with fauna of South America, I speak Spanish but that is irrelevant, but when I am searching for names it is not evident if a name (e.g. Diaz) has a diacritic or not, so you have to search 2 times before you get used to the name. As other have explained, sometimes we are using keyboards that are not friendly with diacritics, which is not Zotero fault but it adds to the problem (I am currently using a laptop bought in US, It is hard to type "í", "é" etc...)

Thanks for your help!
  • I would also appreciate this very much. Author names that have accents are not always written in the same way, or the accents are omitted. I would be helpfull if searcing for "Bergès" one would also find "Berges", or "Maçoni" finds "Maconi" and vice versa. The same problem with names that have spaces like "Mc Caroll", should also find "McCaroll".