Bug or Feature? Want to "Trash" one of the the "Duplicate Items"

Went to Zotero's "Duplicate Items" collection. For a particular duplicate pair, one item is good, and one is bad.

The bad item has some attachments that should be sent to Trash as well.

I'd like to be able to just send the bad item and its attachments to the Trash, not both the good item and the bad item.
  • Clicking on duplicate items selects the pair. Using the arrow keys (up and down) will allow you to select one individually.
    However, if you're removing one anyway, then you could just merge them together (using the data from the good one).
  • You can also use a modifier key (i.e. hold down a key) when clicking to select individual items. It's Ctrl on Windows, I'd assume same on linux and Cmd on Mac, but haven't tested.
  • Hm, this behavior is a little odd on a Mac. There are four modifier keys I tried.

Two select multiple items, don't work for this:
    1. Cmd (Apple key): selects individually, adding to current selection
    2. Shift: selects a range

Two do select individual items but also have additional behavior:
    3. Alt: highlights the collection including the item
    4. control: opens the context menu (alternative to right click)

Interestingly right click works like that too, so you can right click, ignore the context menu (clicking out of it, hit escape, etc.) and then have it selected.

So the best key seems to be alt, harmlessly also highlighting a collection. But the up/down arrow keys seem simplest to me.
  • Cmd + click is the behavior I was referring to. It also lets you unselect items. So if you've already selected a duplicate, you can unselect the one you don't want to delete via cmd+click. If you haven't selected any item, cmd+click selects an individual (which you can then delete)
  • @adamsmith - Super fantastic! I'll give cmd+click a try.