Bug with cut/paste to Zotero html Note Field

edited November 25, 2018
Zotero 5.0.58, PC w/Windoze 10, MS Office Starter 14.0.5131.5000

I've got about a hundred Saved Searches from a database that I started years ago. Just loaded new version of Zotero and started playing around with it again.

I had added a bunch of "control tags" starting with an underscore. I'm now trying to sort this mess out.

So the idea was to created an item "Explanation of Advanced Searches" and added a note for each search with the first line being the search name and then an image of the search. I can also add a bit of a description so I know what the search is supposed to do.

I then add whatever tags the search used to the note itself. The notion is that I can now use Zotero to keep track of what tags are in what search. So if I change a name of a tag, then I know what searches need to be fixed.

-- Actions --

I cut and pasted the name of the search from the Advanced search dialog into Windows Word Starter. Then I took a Windows screen shot which I pasted into Word Starter too.

Spun through the whole list of Searches that used tags, flipping between the Zotero window and the Word Starter Window.

Now I started creating the Note attachments.

>Problem 1 - I couldn't paste text and an image at the same time. Had to paste text and image in two steps.

>Problem 2 - When cutting text from Word Starter the text seems to end fine. But then I hit the return key and the text box for subscripts is activated in Zotero's html note field. I then must select the text and click on the subscript button to turn subscripting off. That increases the size of the text.

-- The weird thing here is that if I just type something into Word Starter then I can cut and paste that fine.

>Problem 3 - For some reason images get shrunk when pasting back into Zotero from Word Starter.

--------

>Problem 4 - Cutting and pasting text using MS Wordpad works fine. However you can't paste an image from Wordpad into Zotero.
  • I can't really follow all of this. See Steps to Reproduce for the sort of simple description we need.

But if you're pasting images into Zotero notes, that's unsupported. It happens to sort of work in current versions, but it will break syncing and can cause other problems. We're hoping to support embedded images in the future, but for now they should be avoided.
  • !@#$%^&*

Tried to reproduce the error today and I can't.

Same version of Zotero, so nothing was changed there.

Weird, I had this problem dozens of times yesterday. :-(