Inconsistent behavior when selecting multiple tags and deleting one of them

edited November 24, 2018
Zotero 5.0.58, PC with Windows 10

I have some items which have two inconsistent tags, let's call them tag(A) and tag(B).

Two ways to do this.

(1) Write a saved search and look for items that have both tag(A) and tag(B).

This gives a list of items with both tags. I start to spin through the list. If I delete either tag(A) or tag(B), then the item no longer fits the search criteria and the particular item disappears from the view and the next item on the list is automagically selected displaying the tags for the new item.

GREAT!!! I can spin through list quickly.

(2) Select "My Library" collection. Select both tag(A) and tag(B) from list of tags. The tags are "anded" not "or'ed" so the item must have both tags to show in the list.

If I delete either tag(A) or tag(B), then the item no longer fits the search criteria --but-- the particular item stays in the view.

So you have to manually select the next item on the list, then delete the appropriate tag on the next item. So forth down the list.

Now if after having deleted one of the tags, I deselect one of the A or B tags in the taglist and then reselect the combination of tags, the items from which I delete one of the two tags are not shown as would be expected.

So I think the behavior here should be like (1). When I delete one of the tags, the item should be removed from the list and the next item on the list should be selected.