Zoom view control (standalone client)

The standalone client displays larger on my new laptop and I cannot find any zoom control.

- WORST PROBLEM when I rightclick an entry to Create Citation Bibliography I cannot access the option at the bottom to Copy to Clipboard - this is one of the main reasons why I use Zotero.

Side columns take up too much space - if I try to drag one to make it narrower it snaps into disappearance at the side. No size control.
There are a lot fewer entries per screen - always previously the display was very compact and neat.

I have searched and searched and cannot find any control to adjust the view.
  • That dialog shouldn't come close to overflowing the screen. What OS is this, and what's the resolution of the screen?

In the General pane of the Zotero preferences, what's the font size set to?
    WORST PROBLEM when I rightclick an entry to Create Citation Bibliography I cannot access the option at the bottom to Copy to Clipboard - this is one of the main reasons why I use Zotero.
    Note that you can also use Quick Copy to generate bibliographies.
  • Thank you so much - solved.
    It was Catch-22 - because dialogues are so enlarged (weak eyesight) the top part of the Preferences dialogue was cut off the top. I managed to access it now I knew it was there, and set font to Small - with my enlarged display this is still comfortable for my vision but gives a compact larger amount on screen.
    I can also now rightclick to Create Bibliog to Clipboard.

Could not make Quick Copy work. The right panel does not offer a text box unless I click one. If I then try to drag a data entry to it, the text box closes as I click the data entry.
    Thank you again. My beloved PhD is on the road again.
  • The right panel does not offer a text box unless I click one.
    I think you're misunderstanding something. Are you referring to the right-hand pane in Zotero? That wouldn't have anything to do with Quick Copy. Quick Copy is for creating citations and bibliographies in other text programs on your system — it's directly equivalent to using Create Bibliography, but much faster.