Remote Procedure Call Failed

Zotero error updating Word document [insertField:document.cpp].

Report ID: 496648488
  • Are you experiencing a constant problem with a Word document or is this an intermittent error?
  • This is a new problem. I've tried copying and pasting the text of the document (without citations) into a new document, but the error occurs. I've tried closing and reopening both Word and Zotero. I've restarted my computer. I tried unlinking citations, saving the document, closing it, reopening it but that doesn't work, either I've deleted and recreated the citation, but the error continues to occur.
  • (I'd particularly look at tables and figures as a potential cause of this problem)
  • Turns out the problem with the document was the Greek and Hebrew text in one of the quotations. The coding for these languages was a problem. Removed all the foreign language elements, saved the document, reopened and finished the document, complete with citations. Once the copy was saved and all citations confirmed as accurate, the foreign language elements were reinserted and the file saved successfully.