Recognizing the same author

Hi everyone, is there a way for me to get Zotero to recognize that different books are written by the same author (who have the name spelt the exact same way)? I noticed that when I cite different books by the same author multiple times, Zotero fails to add the title of the book/article which makes it confusing.

Alternatively, is there a way to always require the shortened title to be included in the footnote? I am using Chicago style (full note) in Microsoft Word on a PC.

Many thanks!
  • edited November 19, 2018
    The Chicago manual specifies two styles for subsequent authors. If the citation immediately follows the same source (where ibid used to be), it says to just use the authors. If there are other sources in between, it says to also add the short title. Zotero follows these rules.
  • Hi, i think the problem is i am using 2 books by the same author in 3 citatitons on the same page.

So,
    1. Jones, Book 1
    2. Jones, Book 2
    3. Jones .

I want 3 to show Jones, Book 2, but it is just showing Jones. But i guess readers should not be confused and they should understand that it is Jones, Book 2? it looks like this could be my error/misunderstanding if so.

Thanks very much for replying anyhow!!!