Unable to Give Terminal Permission to Control Office 2019

Hi I am using Mojave OS and Office 2019 16.19. Zotero Plugin is showing up but not working. I was prompted to into setting and allow Terminal to control Office in the Privacy setting. However, I could not find the terminal in the list to give permission to. I do not know how to add terminal control manually. Really need help on this.
Thank you!
  • I have tried to reset applevents but no prompt appeared when I restarted Word and Zotero.
  • What is the version number of Mojave that you are on? Do you have an older version of Office on this computer?
  • I am on 10.14 Mojave I used to have 2016 but I uninstalled it before installing 2019 version. The taskbar is showing but all zotero option lead to the prompt mentioned above.
  • @baongobui For macOS version what's the build number (like 18A371a)?
  • @adomasven The build version is 18A391.
  • Try updating to the latest version (18B75)
  • @adomasven I just updated and the problem still persists.
  • Did it work before with Word 2016?
  • edited November 19, 2018
    @adomasven I did try to install Word 2016 before and it did not work either. It worked before when I was on High Sierra. There was never a prompt to allow terminal to control word when I updated to Mojave.
  • Yes, the prompt is a change that is new to macOS Mojave as an additional security measure from malicious software controlling your applications, but it seems to be bugged in some cases. Could you try creating another user account on this MacBook and testing whether it works there?
  • @adomasven So I opened a new user account and tested it out. Still the same problem. It keeps prompting to go in system setting and check terminal to control Word under Automation but terminal does not exist under Automation :( I really need Zotero to work again for my thesis.
  • @adomasven Just want to update that I have now resorted to Libreoffice. Zotero works with google docs on firefox for me but not safari and Libreoffice. Really strange. If anybody in the forum could help, please do.