Adding Scanned Documents to Zotero

So what I want to do is scan/photograph pages from journals with my phone and attach them to the bibliographic data already stored in Zotero on my laptop. Is there by any chance a more efficient way of doing this than manually assigning via Drag&Drop?

Thanks in advance!
  • Not sure what you have in mind, but no, if that's really what you want to do, drag and drop is the best way.

But have these journals not been digitized? I wouldn't think you'd ever need to manually scan a journal unless it was some old out-of-print journal that was never made available online.
  • It doesn't exist anymore, but again, it'd be helpful if you explained why you actually want to do this, as we may be able to suggest something better.
  • Thanks @nihili! I wasn't aware of that one. Can't find in the app store. Perhaps it's not available in all countries..?

@dstillman: Of course the journals have digital copies. However, my university isn't paying for the eJournal. Only paper copy :c
    So I'll have to digitize myself. I found a free OCR app for Mac yesterday though that automatically uses my phone. Then it'll be drag&drop and AnyStyle for the metadata.

Thanks y'all!
  • As I said, BibUp doesn't exist anymore.

I don't think you'll want to rely on AnyStyle for metadata from OCRed images. You'll almost certainly get better results by just doing a quick web search for the article and saving to Zotero from there. Even if you don't have access to the PDF, you'll usually have access to the article page itself, and Zotero can save metadata from that. You can then drag the scanned PDF onto that item.
  • Oh, sorry. Indeed you did^^"

I'll try that first then. Thanks a lot!