Citing paragraph references in Kant's Critique of Pure Reason

Hi all, I'm writing an essay on Kant and the references should be the unique paragraph references used in that book rather than page numbers. The references are things like A46 or B245. But when I insert a Zotero citation into my essay it only allows me to specify a reference beginning with 'p.'. If I type A or B it searches for other items in my library and tries to add those as second references. Is there a way around this? Thank you, Simon.
  • Click on the blue bubble for the item to see the full cite-customization options. Click on the "page" dropdown to change it to paragraph. You can also type "para. 4" in the page field to indicate paragraph.

See https://zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage#customizing_cites for more details
  • That's just what I needed, thank you. Is there a way to set the default on cites? I'm having to manually change page to section now every time I cite Kant's Critique. It would be good if that particular book defaulted to section every time I brought it up, but I'm citing normal page numbers on other books so I need it to apply just to one source, not my whole essay.
  • No, I'm afraid not.
  • I’d recommend developing the habit of typing Ctrl+Down Arrow, then “para. 2” into the page field. This will cite a paragraph without you having to click at all.