How to link in-text citations and bibliography to Zotero library

I am doing citations for a grant proposal. We are currently working on a resubmission, and the collaborators began revising the version of the Word doc that was NOT linked to Endnote (which was our original reference manager). We are using Nature format citations, so the in-text citations are numerical superscripts. I have imported all the citations into a Zotero library (I recently learned about Zotero and much prefer it!) - is it possible to either:

A) re-establish somehow the link between the in-text citations and bibliography?

B) using the old draft with the in-text citations linked to Endnote, convert that to Zotero?
  • No, sorry, there isn't a way to connect plain-text numerical citations or Endnote citations to Zotero citations. My recommendation would be to work side by side with the Endnote draft to hover over the Endnote citations to see what they are (or look at the numbered reference list) and then re-insert the Zotero citations. Sorry that there isn't a way to do this more quickly.
  • One option would be to use the Endnote draft to change the citation style from Nature to the in-text format for Zotero's RTF scan feature: https://www.zotero.org/support/rtf_scan

(This is similar [or the same] to the format Endnote uses when automatic formatting is disabled in Word.)

Then, save the document as RTF and use Zotero's RTF scan feature to format/re-number the references. This will just be a plain-text document, though, not connected to your Zotero library.