Can't get Browser connected to Word for Office 365

Is anyone having trouble getting the browser connector up & running?
  • The browser connector has nothing to do with Word. You need to install the Zotero desktop app from https://zotero.org/download

If you are still having issues, please describe in detail exactly what you are trying to do and what is happening
  • Zotero IS installed on my computer from the desktop app. In fact, I went to the librarian at my university, who recently used Zotero for her dissertation and she reinstalled the program. It shows up on my list of Apps and programs & I have the icon visible , and live, at the bottom of my screen, which when I click on it, takes me to my full and complete library.
    But when I open Word & open the dissertation, the icon that was at the top of my screen that allowed me to go to either Add Citation or Add Bibliography, and then take me to My Library so that I could embed a citation in my paper that tied back into the library, that icon, doesn't show up and I can't add new citations to the paper.
    I have followed every step of Manually Installing the Zotero Word Processor Plugin, about 4 times but the tabs don't match and I can't get through all of the steps.
    I was able to locate and open Zotero.dotm on my C drive and I was able to begin the process of opening the Word startup folder BUT when I get to the step to select Modify from the Advanced tab under General the next direction "Click File Locations" -There is NOTHING that says "File Locations" So I'm stuck.
    B-T-W I've been using this program on my old Toshiba just fine for four years. I had to change computers and bought a new hp and cannot get the whole process of creating citations to work.
  • I was in the wrong place. I made it all the way to .dotm, copied from C:clear through to .dotm and pasted it into the bar at the top of the Modify pop up window.
    When I restarted the computer, the missing icon still didn't show up