Possible to Change Parent/Child Hierarchy for Library?

Hi,

I have perhaps an odd question. Is it possible to change the default layout of the hierarchical order assigned to entries in one's library?

Right now, my entries appear as follows in My Library:

Top level: The bibliographic information for the entry. On the left, there's the ">" indicating more data nested below; on the right, there's the "Info, Notes, Tags, Related" pane.

When I click the ">" I get lines for the following: Notes (which were imported with the entry itself), the PDF, and the snapshot/link of the entry/record.

When I select the PDF, I get the pane on the right that has the basic info, including a quick glance at my tags, and, most crucially, in the note box, a glance at all the bookmarks from the PDF. (This feature is awesome, by the way, a hidden gem I didn't know Zotero had!)

I would like to be able to move the PDF to the top level, so I see just these first (so I can quickly scroll through the library and see my bookmarked notes for each file at a glance), leaving the rest of the info available nested underneath for when I click the ">."

Is there a way to reverse the order layout? Can I make the PDF the parent, the bibliographic data the child?

Sorry for the wordy question, especially if this answer is obvious!
  • most crucially, in the note box, a glance at all the bookmarks from the PDF. (This feature is awesome, by the way, a hidden gem I didn't know Zotero had!)
    (This is ZotFile, btw., doesn't come built in with Zotero).

As for your question, no sorry, no way to do that
  • Bummer. But thanks for the quick reply!