Problems with adding or creating any more files into Zotero

I've recently begun downloading and transferring over my files that I have gathered through my MS classes and research into Zotero. It was accessing Google Scholar each time I added anything into the library. At about mid transfer, I discovered the potential issues with accessing google scholar because of the captcha popping up. To my knowledge I only have this setup to access the metadata and not the PDFs. I have woke up this morning, hoping that the time passage would reset things. I go to add a stand alone note since it doesn't involve Google Scholar, or anything on the web and I receive a "JavaScript Application (message stating): Please enter the Captcha on the page that will now open and then re-try updating the citations, or wait a while to get unblocked by Google if the Captcha is not present." If I click on okay, it will do a search with a blank to Google Scholar. What can I do?
  • Current Zotero versions (anything later than 5.0.36) will not access google scholar at all by itself. It sounds like you may have the google scholar citation add-on installed?
  • You are correct, I had that add-on. I was able to remove it and it is working fine now. Thank you for your help!!!