Stuck on "Loading items..." Report ID: 1765989369

Hi,

Zotero standalone hasn't loaded my library for a few days, despite being on. I read that data directories in cloud storage could corrupt the library, so I copied the Zotero folder. Not sure if I need a completely new folder if the corruption is present. It didn't work. Neither did uninstalling and reinstalling the standalone software.

Report ID is 1765989369

Kevin
  • database disk image is malformed
    Yes, your database is corrupted. Make sure the data directory is out of the cloud storage folder and try the DB Repair Tool.
  • The automated method for DB repair isn't possible for me because my library size is over 100 MB, even when in a compressed zip folder.

I tried the manual method with SQLite, even placing the sqlite3.exe file in the same folder as the zotero.sqlite data directory (as described here: (https://www.zotero.org/utils/dbfix/manual). The data directory was copied outside of the Google Drive cloud. Although a dump.sql file is created, it either has 0 or 1 KB size. Additionally, the command line never completes the run, so I have to restart the shell to get a new line. When I write in the new .sqlite.new file, a SQLite syntax error occurs and the .sqlite.new file has no data (0 KB).

Any suggestions? The sqlite3.exe file was downloaded from the 32 bit tool bundle.
  • Sorry, I recently updated the steps for Windows and left out a word in that command. Try again.