Questions regarding "Do you want to keep your modifications and prevent future updates?"

Hi,

This problem has been troubled me a lot as I am writing a really long paper. As a law scholar, I use bluebook as referencing and find out that Juris-M, a variant Zotero, is a good app. However, the generated footnotes are not 100% correct, so I must edit it manually. E.g., American Journal of International Law -> Am. J. Int'l L.

But after that, the system will pop up that "You have modified this citation since Zotero generated it. Do you want to keep your modifications and prevent future updates?" I want to know should I click yes or no if case the zotero system won't ruin my footnotes?

Thanks
  • You really want to avoid manually modifying citations. For this case, e.g., juris-m has the "abbreviation filter" plugin that allows you to import abbreviation lists and specify custom abbreviations.

Once you manually edit a citation and press "yes" it won't update in the future, which means that if you cite the same item earlier in the text, the citation doesn't update accordingly, nor would you be able to switch citation styles.

If you press "no" juris-m overwrites your modifications.