Error with cascading searches

edited November 5, 2018
Hello,
My problem relates to bug reports 1272936673 and 1227171858

I've created a number of cascading advanced searches in order to implement a sequential screening procedure. The searches help me along at each step to identify the references that get selected for the next round or that still await classification. I use tags to document the screening process. What happened here is that Zotero returns an error at step 6 of the 7 steps screening process when I try to run search at step 6.
Can you identify where the error is coming from?

Thanks!
  • What exactly is the error?
  • edited November 5, 2018
    parser stack overflow
    @karim.chellaoui: You might run into trouble if you nest saved searches too deep. If you provide the exact search conditions you're using to reproduce the error, we can look into it, but a workaround would be to copy items from an intermediate search into a temporary collection and then use that as the source of a subsequent search.
  • Thank you for your answers.
    The search that initiated my post started to work at some point but I now get the same problem at the next level. Can it have something to do with synchronization?
    Here is the search that didn't work yesterday:
    Search 6.Selected imaging modalities:
    Match all of the following:
    - Collection is 5.Selected brands
    - Collection is 'Search 2:Selected imaging modality'

Search 2 is:
    Match any of the following:
    - Tag contains 6.MRI
    - Tag contains 6.CT
    - Tag contains 6.UIM

Here's the search that currently doesn't work (from memory since the error prevents me from editing it)
    Search 7.Unsorted data format
    Match all of the following
    - Collection is 6.Selected imaging modalities
    - Tag contains '6.'
  • We would need Steps to Reproduce this — so, a whole chain of simplified searches that reliably result in an error.