Tablet files

Hi,

I have just started to use the "send to tablet" feature and use a folder in my dropbox. If I highlight something in the pdf and save it, it is still there when I open it from the dropbox folder, however, if I open it from the "tablet files" folder inside Zotero it is not. Same with modified, no highlight there either, what is really modified then?

Also, I have one paper in my tablet files folder that I removed the _tablet tag but it is still there, isn't suppose to be deleted from that folder?

Thanks.
  • edited November 3, 2018
    You need to first right click on the item and choose “Retrieve from tablet” to have it pulled back from the Dropbox folder and its annotations extracted.

Don’t remove the _tablet line manually (and put it back on the one you removed it from). Zotfile will add/remove that automatically.
  • There is no "retrieve from tablet" but there is "get from tablet" but nothing happened.

Ok I added_tablet again, but how do I then remove this file from "tables files"? move to trash?
  • Sorry, yes, “Get from tablet”. It likely didn’t do anything because you had manually removed the tag (the tag is how Zotfile manages which items have copies on the tablet). If you try with a new item and don’t manually change the tags, it should work fine.

For this item, just drag the file from Dropbox to the Zotero item and delete the unchanged copy of the item in Zotero.
  • The "get from tablet" deletes the file from the "tablet files" folder, but it is still in the main library but if If move item to trash from the "tables files" it also removes the file from the whole library. But it seems as "update file modification time" has this function? at least it worked for one paper.

What feature has the "tables files (modified" folder?

And if I want the new file with annotations from "tables files" into the original file in my library, how do I do that?

And lastly, I send files to tablet under subfolders, which appears in my dropbox tablet folder, but is it also possible to see these subfolders under tablet files in Zotero?

• Ok, "get from tablet" sends the file back to the original library (with annotations if there was), but doesn't always disappear from the "tablet files" which is odd. Because if I delete it, it also gets deleted from the library.
  • if an item doesn't disappear from the tablet files folder although it should, you'll want to remove the _tablet tag on it, not delete it.
  • I removed the _tablet tag but the file is still in the tablet files.. Really strange. I've synced too and re-opened the program.
  • +1 . once i click the "get from tablet" it deletes the file entirely from the google drive folder. (can't find the edited version either). I'm using liquidtext+zotfile
  • +1 . once i click the "get from tablet" it deletes the file entirely from the google drive folder. (can't find the edited version either). I'm using liquidtext+zotfile
  • Apologies! I'm trying to delete my hasty double comment but Can't seem to do so.
  • After using Get from Tablet, the file attached to the Zotero item should be the annotated version.