data syncing issue

error report ID: 741690038

Certain files seem to not be updating properly through the word plug-in.

This is what is happening:
1. I update a file in zotero (e.g. add page numbers)
2. In zotero this appears updated (the item info card has the page info)
3. In word, I edit the citation to this file
4. In word, I refresh or add new bibliography
5. The new info updated to the file (e.g. those page numbers) do not appear in the bibliography

Extra information:
1. I had an error syncing because of a too large amount of data, I purged the files linked to my zotero and that error has disappeared, so syncing seems to be fully active now.
2. This error only appears on particular files, other files are updating perfectly.
3. The error seems to be limited to the word plug-in: when I select the specific file in zotero and Create a bibliography of the item via copy to clipboard, the missing information does appear.
4. The missing data seems to not be restricted to a specific field: in some files it's the page numbers that are not updating, in others it's the type of dissertation, or a typo in a title.
  • This would happen if an item in Word isn't connected to your Zotero database but instead relies on the data embedded in the Word document when first cited. That could be because it hasn't synced yet, or it could be because you deleted the corresponding entry in Zotero (e.g. when removing a duplicate copy).

I think the easiest would be to delete and re-insert in the document, taking care to insert from under "My Library" and not "Cited Items".