Zotero Issues

Hallo

Please advise on
1. Firefox Zotero doesnt ask where on the library would i like it to save...folder...sorting out is...timeconsuming
2.The 'X' red crossing when saving a pdf document
3. How to save a word document onto Zotero libraries

Will appreciate quick and workable responses.

Thanks
  • edited October 28, 2018
    1. Firefox Zotero doesnt ask where on the library would i like it to save...folder...sorting out is...timeconsuming
    I don't know what you mean here. As long as Zotero is open, this is what you should see when saving from the browser:

https://twitter.com/zotero/status/991052142717886464
    The popup will start collapsed, but you can choose a collection from the drop-down or click the arrow to show this expanded view with your collections.collections.
    2.The 'X' red crossing when saving a pdf document
    Can you provide a Debug ID from Zotero for a save attempt that doesn't save a PDF that you otherwise have access to?
    3. How to save a word document onto Zotero libraries
    Again, not sure what you mean here, but if you're referring to a formatted bibliography in Word, see Importing Formatted Bibliographies.
  • Thank you...so much @dstillman

... still having issues with Firefox on saving on the right folder.I have to open zotero then the folder then save,I think Chrome asks as I am saving* to save to which folder,there's an arrow button...but my chrome halts alot which is why I still use mozilla...

Also what does it mean to save to Zotero as web snapshot?
  • edited October 29, 2018
    What version of the Zotero Connector do you have installed in Firefox?
  • Sorry,how do I find that out?as in Zotero connector version I have?
  • Go to Tools → Add-ons → Extensions, look for Zotero Connector, and click More.

Better yet, provide a Report ID.
  • OK, that's good. And what exactly do you see in the save popup when you try to save?

Can you provide a Debug ID from the Connector for a save attempt that doesn't offer the drop-down or button to expand the popup?
  • Report ID 281502298
    Debud ID...?
  • I linked to instructions for generating a Debug ID.
  • Yes...I got lost on...Debug Output Logging

Debug output can help Zotero developers diagnose problems. Debug logging may slow down your browser, so you should generally leave it disabled unless a Zotero developer requests debug output.

Enable Logging
    Enable at Startup
    Show in Console

i enable...

Immediately perform all the relevant actions (e.g., import an item from a web page).?
    what does this mean...?
  • D1617004434?
  • I'm sorry,not a computer wiz...
  • The "relevant action" here would be attempting to save, but I'm not seeing that in the debug output.
    And what exactly do you see in the save popup when you try to save?
    Can you answer this as well?
  • Hallo @dstillman ,

It just save...so on firefox;

a) I open mozilla and the folder i want to save in
    Then I go to the Zotero icon and click save...

b)and sometimes it asks me to save as webpage/web snapshot or red x and then i refresh and repeat a-above

On chrome,

I just open the research paper and then Zotero icon and downward arrow and then i choose the folder as illustrated in your diagram...

• @dstillman

Report ID 1103645259

Please advice on Zotero not saving pdfs but as snapshots on Chrome
    Also respond to above.

Thanks
  • edited November 12, 2018
    That's a Report ID. We still would need a Debug ID from the connector for a save attempt that doesn't offer the usual collection drop-down or expand button.

It would also be helpful if you could take a screenshot of what you're seeing, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox), and provide a link here.