Cannot access Group Library references using citr in R/Rstudio

Hi! Not sure if this is a Zotero or an R/RStudio issue but figured I would start here. When using the citr addin for RStudio, citations in group libraries are not findable. Is this because Group Library citations aren't stored locally, or are stored in a separate file from the regular My Library that citr looks for through Better BibTeX? Thanks for any insight, and let me know if this needs to go to the R package developer.
  • When you bring up the citr insert Citation window, there is an option to Select Libraries. Click that and ensure your group is selected. Then click Load Libraries.
  • Hi @bwiernik ! Thanks - here's what I am seeing. Where is Select Libraries?
    https://app.box.com/s/xvm1qmmyy2srjalsgigimry152iy1ev9
    (I hope you can view this screenshot, let me know if not.)
    Thanks!
  • Hmm, it might be that group library support was added recently and isn't yet on CRAN. Try installing the GitHub version.
    devtools::install_github("crsh/citr")

Another option would be to install:
    devtools::install_github("paleolimbot/rbbt")

which I have found works much better when you have very large libraries because it uses BetterBibTeX's native interface and doesn't require your entire library to be pre-loaded into R before inserting citations.
  • Excellent - I will try the newer version and report back! Thank you so much!
  • Hi @bwiernik - apologies for the delay, I just gave the GitHub version of citr a spin and I do now see a Settings tab which allows for selecting different Library Groups. Thanks so much for that pointer! I'll also check out rbbt as well. Thanks again and happy holidays!