Exporting collection from online storage with attachments

Hello, I am trying to export a collection of items from my online zotero database to then import it in my standalone zotero —accidentally deleted a collection on my standalone zotero and do not want to fully sync because my online storage it not updated. However no matter what format do I choose to use for the export, when I import the collection into my standalone zotero I get all the items and their information, but none of their attachments (mostly notes and some pdfs). What can I do?
  • You can't export with files from the website the same way you can in the client, but that's not the way you'd want to do this anyway, since you likely didn't delete the actual items and would end up with duplicates if you imported the items. (So if you already tried that, you'll want to sort your library by Date Added and delete those.)

Unless you have other local changes that you want to keep, the easiest thing to do is to restore to your last automatic backup locally, assuming it's from before the deletion. You can also just delete the zotero.sqlite file in your Zotero data directory with Zotero closed and then sync, but it'll be quicker if you restore to a recent backup instead.

If you do have other recent changes, I believe renaming the collection online would be enough to keep it, but I'd want to verify that before you tried that, so let me know if you're not able to restore from a backup.