Syncing attachments between standalone and Zotero online

Hi,

I'm running Standalone, with a group library, and storing copies of PDFs in Zotero.

I'm having issues with attachments syncing.

Once items sync, I can see the attachments in Zotero online, but they’re not hyperlinked so I can't open the PDFs. I can open them in Standalone. I've got 'sync full-text', 'Sync attachment files in my library using Zotero' and 'Sync attachment files in group libraries using Zotero storage' all checked, so I think the PDFs should be uploading.

I thought it might be a storage issue, as I haven't yet upgraded, but all the Zotero folders on my computer's C: drive only total 30MB.

Any suggestions for what might be causing this? I've also tried 'Reset File Sync History' but this didn't solve the problem.

Thank you,
Ashley
  • See Files Not Syncing — we'd want the Debug ID if you get to the end.
  • I'm not sure if this is useful, but I seem to be getting stuck 'Step 2' of the 'Files Not Syncing' link with a sync error. Clicking on the error brings up a dialog box with 'req is undefined' and an error report (see below):

[JavaScript Error: "Upload request 3/24LNPH5Q failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "req is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/zfs.js" line: 715}]

[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

[JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]

[JavaScript Error: "S3 returned 0 (3/2YAJK2YD) -- retrying upload"]

[JavaScript Error: "S3 returned 0 (3/2SKHLWEU) -- retrying upload"]

[JavaScript Error: "S3 returned 0 (3/2SKHLWEU) -- retrying upload"]

[JavaScript Error: "Upload request 3/2SKHLWEU failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "req is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/zfs.js" line: 715}]

[JavaScript Error: "S3 returned 0 (3/3HXX59V5) -- retrying upload"]

[JavaScript Error: "S3 returned 0 (3/3HXX59V5) -- retrying upload"]

[JavaScript Error: "Upload request 3/3HXX59V5 failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "Upload request 3/2YAJK2YD failed"]

version => 5.0.56, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.56, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.56, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.8.SA.5.0.56, extension)
  • I then get an error when trying to send the report - something about an invalid repository
  • Yeah, the "req is undefined" should be a clearer error, and that's fixed for the next version, but it — and the fact that you can't submit an error report — means that something on your computer or network is interfering with Zotero's network requests.

More info: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/connection_error
  • Thank you dstillman - I'll follow this up with the network admin and see if we can find out what's interfering with it.