exporting pdf attachments from a collection

some people are not progressive enough to use zotero and it would be nice to be able to send them attachments (such as PDFs) from an entire collection or select group of items.

One can export citations and locate individual attachments but I am not aware of a way to export multiple attachments (I am primarily interested in PDFs) into a folder from zoerto.

much appreciated.
  • You can drag-and-drop PDFs to the filesystem. You can also export to Zotero RDF with attachments.
  • noksagt,

Thank you - that functionality would be great.. I too am looking for a way to move files out of Zotero as needed.

Ideally I'd also like to maintain the structure of 'collections' - ie I dont want to export all the PDFs in my whole 'library' into one big folder.

I've had problems with the 2 options you mention above:
    1) When doing 'drag and drop', I can only transfer ONE file at a time, which is too slow if I wanted to transfer hundreds of files.

2) When I export as 'Zotero RDF', there are 2 problems:

(i) If I export my 'whole library' then the PDFs in the varoius 'subcollections' are all merged into one big folder, so I lose the structure of it.

(ii) Even if I select one sub-collection at a time (which is ok by me), each PDF is annoyingly in a separate folder by itself, which makes it hard to browse them. Perhaps I need a special 'RDF browser' softwar?

There are 2 plug-ins that may help: Zotfile or ''Zotero Export files to the filesystem' plug-in? But I'm not sure they can do what I want.

Many thanks!
    David
  • When doing 'drag and drop', I can only transfer ONE file at a time, which is too slow if I wanted to transfer hundreds of files.
    A relevant comment on this from another thread:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/10354/export-as-folder-full-of-pdfs/#Item_2