Error report ID 1911591270

An error shows up next to the syncing button. Not sure it prevents syncing though.
I changed my password recently, and had to unlink and relink my account to update it.
Thank you for any leads on how to solve this.
  • Win error 32 during operation remove on file C:\Users\[…]\Zotero\storage\CDGV2WFZ\G[…].pdf (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    Click on the error icon to see what the message says. From the error in your report, it looks like you have a PDF open that you're trying to sync.
  • Dan, does this mean that files that are open in a reader of some sort can't be synced?
    Has this always been the case?
  • That depends on the program and the OS, and the specific sync action. On Windows, Adobe Reader locks the PDF while it has it open. For the person above, Zotero was trying to delete the local file, which it would do if there was an updated version of the file remotely that it needed to download. In that case, there's not really anything Zotero can do, because it needs to overwrite the local file but it can't do that if there's an external lock on it.

If you're just editing a file locally, Zotero should be able to read it and upload it even if there's a lock on the file.