Not all styles showing up when tried to insert a citation.

When I tried to insert a citation in a Word document, I can't find the "Vancouver" style in Citation Style list, the list is in the alphabetical order and stop at "Nature" style. Although the side scroll box bar is not at bottom of the scroll, there is nothing beyond "Nature" displayed when I tried scroll it down.
I clicked Manage Style link below the scroll box, the Style Manager popped up and Vancouver is in the list.
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance.
  • edited October 18, 2018
    Does the problem persist if you restart Word and Zotero? What versions of Word and Zotero are you using?

@adomasven We’ve gotten two reports of this https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/74179/bibliographie-norme-vancouver

I’m not sure how to troubleshoot.
  • Yes, the issue persist, restart Word and Zotero does not help,
    I am using Zotero 5.0.56, Chrome 69.0.3497.100, Microsoft Word 2010 and Windows 7.
    I have enlarged the Windows icon size to 125%, would it potentially cause issue?
  • If you reduce the zoom to 100%, does the issue go away?
  • Didn't try it, because change the icon size will cause many setting changes, don't want to mess up with current settings.
    Thanks!
  • Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing, upload it somewhere, and provide a link here?
  • It is hard to show the issue through a screen shot, but I can try find a way to send it.
    The style list window changes if different style was clicked.
    Can you provide me an email so I can send the screen shot to?
    Or we can have a conference call where I can share the screen to show the problem.
  • Hello, same problem here (Windows 10, Word 2016 64bits, Chrome 69.0.3497.100), no zoom concerned...
  • And Zotero 5.0.56 ;-)
  • Upload the screenshots to Dropbox or Imgur or similar and post a link here
  • The screenshots will not be explicit : you will see the scroll box bar not a the bottom, as if not pushed to the end... when you try to go down, it moves a bit, then goes back stuck to Nature...

http://www.biusante.parisdescartes.fr/partage/sans titre.png
  • Here is the link to the screen shots, file name explains for it is for.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7tz0z1lbhwf44uk/AABJrsTwPzvOUxDlp159Z-Hta?dl=0
  • @qiwang113, @dbenoist, how are you both trying to scroll down? Does it work if you use the down arrow on the keyboard or the scrolling on your mouse/trackpad? Is this just an issue with using the scrollbar?
  • I tried scroll down, arrow down, page down, type word "Van...", none of them work.
  • If you press "V" when you're on Nature, does Nature stay selected, or does the selection disappear? While we should figure out why this is happening, if the selection disappears, that means that Vancouver is selected, and you can then click OK to use that style.
  • After press "V", the mouse focus seems moved on to Language, but the references style selected matches Vancouver.
    Hope you will be able to resolve the style not showing issue soon.
    Thanks!
  • I have the xactly same problem
  • @dstillman, is there any update on the issue, would it get fixed soon?
  • After press "V", the mouse focus seems moved on to Language, but the references style selected matches Vancouver.
    I suspect Vancouver is still getting selected. It's just out of view, and not being scrolled to for some reason. (Vancouver supports locales whereas Nature doesn't, so the Language field becomes active, but I doubt it's focused — I suspect you'd still have to press Tab twice to move the actual focus to the Language field.) So nothing is actually preventing you from selecting the style.

I'm not sure we'll be able to fix this without being able to reproduce it, and I'm not able to.

If you're seeing this, is the doc prefs window taking up the full vertical height of your screen? As in, is this a situation where the vertical height is limited, because you're using zoom and/or because this is on a computer with limited vertical resolution?

Obviously, an easy temporary fix here is just to delete any styles that you know you won't need from the Cite pane of the preferences. (You can always reinstall them later.)
  • There are multiple people reported same issue in this thread, so it is less likely that the issue is caused by enlarging fonts of the screen.
    Deleting unwanted style does not help, I deleted most of the styles, even though the large part of the style list box is empty space, the Vancouver style was still not showing, and I didn't delete Vancouver style.
    It looks like the Vancouver style is selected by hitting the "V" key, but it is hard for the users to accept the invisible. We need to make recommendation to users which tool to use, it will make my work much easier if this issue can be fixed.
    Thanks for your quick response.

• There are multiple people reported same issue in this thread, so it is less likely that the issue is caused by enlarging fonts of the screen.
    We can't reproduce this, so we're just trying to narrow down the situations in which it occurs. It could still be related to a limited screen height without using zoom.
    Deleting unwanted style does not help, I deleted most of the styles, even though the large part of the style list box is empty space, the Vancouver style was still not showing
    OK, that's good to know — albeit very strange. Can we see a screenshot of that?
  • Hi,
    Sorry for late reply.
    I actually reinstalled Zotero a few days ago, I tried to remove almost of all style except of Vancorva today, it worked, the Vancouver showed up.
    Thanks!
  • The fix is now available in the Zotero Beta.
  • Hi Adomasven,
    Bravo! the issue is fixed! Thanks a lot for the quick turn around.
  • I came here to check if I'm the only one with this problem. Apparantly not. I'm pretty glad, that it is fixed. Got to hand in my paper in two days. If citation was not working with the requested style --> Game Over.
  • This is fixed in Zotero 5.0.58, available now via Help → Check for Updates.