Newbie question: One journal article, three different pages

I have one journal article that I want to refer to at three different times in my paper, each time referring to a different page. How do I do that? Do I duplicate the item in my Zotero list so that I have three copies of it and then alter the page numbers in each one? Or is there some other way, either in Zotero or in Word, which I'm using.

Many thanks in advance!
  • edited October 11, 2018
    The "Pages" field in Zotero is to identify the article, so it should be the full page range from the first page of the article to the end. Do not use only the specific page number you plan to cite here! You can then use the same entry to cite the same work as many times as you'd like-- in one paper, or in dozens of papers.

When citing (in Word, etc.), you can specify the page number each time. See here (or another similar help page): https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage

Zotero serves two purposes: (1) managing bibliographic information (and creating bibliographies), and (2) citing items from your library. Within the Zotero program, when creating/editing entries, you will always be only doing (1), then you can do (2) via plugins to word processors or in similar ways.