malformed UTF-8 character sequence at offset 5

ID:1135721606
  • [JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/PC88FRDM failed"]
    [JavaScript Error: "malformed UTF-8 character sequence at offset 5" {file: "resource://gre/modules/osfile/osfile_unix_front.jsm" line: 769}]
    This is during syncing?

If you cd to the storage/PC88FRDM within your Zotero data directory in a terminal and type ls | od -tx1, what's the result?
  • I see the problem:

there is a special letter (o with two dots upside) in the title. How can I fix that? change name? any elegant way?

Thx
  • I delete the file, another error comes out:
    ID 1287198443
    It is an old file. There is no such issue in the previous version and other platforms.
  • The output of that command would still be useful so we could try to reproduce this and at least show a better error message.

You might be able to fix it by pasting 'PC88FRDM' into the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode, selecting the attachment that shows up, clicking its title in the right-hand pane, and renaming it with "Rename associated file" checked. That may or may not rename the file in that directory, but it will hopefully cause Zotero to try to use that new name when processing the downloaded file.