How can I use Scaffold 3.2.3 with Zotero standalone?

I developed a few translators about a year ago using Scaffold IDE. Now Firefox has been updated, and Scaffold (3.2.3) is an add-on of Zotero standalone (5.0.55) rather than Firefox add-on. I wanted to fix broken translators with the new Scaffold, and I should be familiar with Scaffold already, but I can't really use the new Scaffold very much.

How can I get detectWeb and doWeb test working with a specified URL? How can I run Test Regex?

They used to work with the current tab of Firefox, but now how do I define the URL of interest?

I noticed the documentation is not up to date.

My guess was to put a URL to the query box in the Browser tab of Scaffold. But even the well functioning translator failed with a valid URL.

eg. Loading the PubMed Translator and pasting a URL https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30056065 to the Browser tab, and hit Test Regex, resulting in '===>false<=== (boolean)'.

Thanks in advance.
  • The browser tab is a fully functioning browser, so you need to load the pubmed article by pasting in the URL and pressing return (and then of cause also open the pubmed translator in pubmed) and this works exactly as you expect.
  • edited October 3, 2018
    Thanks a lot. All I needed to do was to press the return key. Maybe worth adding a GO button?

Now I can test the code. Nice improvement from the older version :)