Any plans for migration of groups when using Mendeley importer?

Are there any plans to allow migration of group libraries when using Mendeley importer?

During the beta testing, @dstillman mentioned the following: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/72260/available-for-beta-testing-mendeley-import
It's not currently possible to import items from group libraries. I'm not sure if we'll support this, since it's not clear that we can meaningfully improve on simply copying group items to a collection in your Mendeley library before importing. We could perhaps allow group-to-group mappings, but the group would need to be recreated on the Zotero side anyway.
Would it be possible to simply copy items in a group into a new collection in Zotero (not the same as group-to-group mapping)? The benefit of copying items from a Mendeley group to a new collection in Zotero would be saving the references (items) that belonged in a group but NOT in the main local library of Mendeley. Assuming a person is saying goodbye to Mendeley forever, the idea is that when migrating to Zotero, no references (items) should be left behind, including the ones in the group.

I think group-to-group mapping would be more beneficial for "active" groups. However, my suggestion above was for "non-active" groups where the person migrating to Zotero doesn't care about group to group-to-group mapping, but just want to keep a history of their old groups.

This post is just a suggestion. I personally was able to migrate successfully by manually moving all my group items to main library before migrating to Zotero. However I know few colleagues that have a large collection of group library in Mendeley from past projects but are no longer active.
  • Would it be possible to simply copy items in a group into a new collection in Zotero (not the same as group-to-group mapping)?
    How would that be different from just copying the group items to a folder in your personal Mendeley library first, as you did?
  • Does Mendeley have the same bevhavior as Zotero where an item previously dragged from My Library to a Group can’t be dragged back?
  • How would that be different from just copying the group items to a folder in your personal Mendeley library first, as you did?
    I had a relatively small group library, so I manually created collections (folders) in My Library that reflected the collections in my group library, and then dragged the items from each collection from group library into the respective collection in My Library.

There may be other users that have multiple group libraries and manual copying would be difficult and time consuming.
    Does Mendeley have the same bevhavior as Zotero where an item previously dragged from My Library to a Group can’t be dragged back?
    I am not really sure what you mean by this. In Zotero I was able to drag an item from My Library to a Group library and drag it back again.

In Mendeley (v1.17), I can drag items from group library into My Library, but I can't drag collections (folders). I think dragged items have a different internal id, thus it my cause duplicates.