Can I transfer my links from one browser to another?

I have Zotero standalone set up on my PC and I'm using both Chrome & Firefox as search engines. I am currently having problems with Firefox/Zotero & I want to stop using Firefox. BUT If I uninstall Firefox how will the Firefox saved links work?

Do I have to import them from Firefox to Chrome? Most of the links were saved when Zotero was not the stand alone version. I'm struggling to find a way out of some serious corruption that I THINK is in Firefox.
  • If by "links" you mean Snapshots, they are not browser dependent. They will work in Chrome just as well as they did in Firefox. (And if by links you mean actual links, they are obviously not browser dependent).
  • My problem was much simpler, and nearer to home in the end. The Default App list in Windows>Settings had been amended to direct all .PDF files to use Firefox to open them. Causing Mayhem on my PC. I amended the list to use Adobe and the problem righted itself.

An old techie friend directed me to this. He said that sometimes rogue applications do this (I am not that adventurous) or sometimes a Windows Update. It is gigabytes of research data I thought I'd lost. All hunky dory now

But thanks for getting back to me.
  • edited October 2, 2018
    However... just for my information. If I save a link into Zotero using Firefox, it WILL open Firefox to display the webpage back? What if I don't have Firefox on the machine any longer? Most of my links were done using Firefox and I did wonder
  • No, it will use the default URL/HTML application of your system