Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology

Yet me.
Not find the CSL style for the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology (Elsevier journal).
According to the author guide, it seems to bee similar to the Canadian Journal of Surgery which is aready present in the repository database styles.
Please note that the Canadian JofO recommend the use of DOI in references ("Use of the DOI is highly encouraged"). A test (!) with the CSL style of the Can Journal of Surgery doesn't give the DOI in the bibliography....
Thanks.
  • edited September 28, 2018
    Canadian Journal of Opthalmology is similar, but not equal to the Canadian Journal of surgery (and there is actually some mistakes in that style...).
    Try: https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=id:journal-of-sport-and-health-science
    That's a match at first sight and includes your DOI.
  • It works fine with DOI.
    Thanks !
  • .... Yes it works fine with the style of the Journal of Sport and Health Science in place of the style of the Canadian Journal of Surgery (because there is no style for the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology....) BUT in Zotero, in the list of the prefered styles there is the name of the Journal of Sport and Health Science (which is not very convenient among all my prefered styles) rather that the effective Canadian style !
    Then I try to change in :
    1) change the name of the file : no effect
    2) change into the file the title field : no effect

So, how can I change (easily if possible) the name of the style if I use a style file which is not the good ?
  • You need to change the id and title fields at the top of the style file, save, then install the new file in Zotero.
  • In fact the title field is sufficient .... if we desinstall and reinstall the style file after that.
    Modify the id is dangereous because it is a link then the title field is only a "comment".
    The problem with the Canadian journal of Ophthamology from the zotero repository style is that its style is not good for citations in the text :
    1-2 in superscript (not in bracket)
    and in the biblio 1. .... 2. .... rather than [1] ....[2] if I am clear.
    So damnation advise me to use the journal of sport and health science file style which is OK.
    It is why I request the possibility to change the style name into Zotero to read the Canadian style and not the Journal of sport style.

First I have used the Canadian journal of Surgery which is also not good (no DOI....) to be complete....
  • I don't quite understand why the style name in Zotero is so important to you, but this actually a bit difficult. Just changing the title will get your style overwritten again by Zotero in the future. Changing the id to something that already exists will do the same. So you would have to change the ID to something that doesn't exist already, which will work but also has some downsides (once we fix the style in Zotero you could end up with two styles of the same name).

My recommendation would be to just accept that you'll have a misnamed style until we fix this on the Zotero end.
  • The difficulty with the style of the "canadian journal of ophthalmology" is now fix (thanks damnation)
    Identify clearly the right style into zotero is for me also useful as I have about 30 names of style ; it is the history of different articles sent to different journals and with sometimes 3 or 4 articles in progress at the same time and for which I am waiting for a response of journals....
    So identify immediately the (proper) name of the journal in zotero is convenient.

But I note that I have to check regularly if the used style files has not updated in the zotero repository database.....
  • edited October 2, 2018
    I haven't touched any of the mentioned styles yet, so not sure what difference you are seeing.
  • The problem is the very first time I looked for the Canadian journal of Ophthalmology, I applied the filter "medecine".... which didn't give the style for this journal.
    But if we look for without any filter with only the name Canadian journal, all the styles are displayed with this word...
    Morality : don't apply filters when you look for a style....