Group Library not syncing for anyone in group

Hi,

I had my students join a group library for a class project and they all created subcollections named after themselves in the library. I just helped them all do it in the computer lab, but none of those folders are now showing up either on the zotero website or in my synced desktop app. I've done this for several semesters without any problem. Do you have any advice?

It downloaded the group library to the desktop app without any problem, but it doesn't seem to have then synced back to the cloud. Is there anything I can do to get access to the folders they created?

It was on PC computers. I noticed that Zotero app was asking us to update it, but none of us have update privileges. I can ask the app be updated now by technicians, but does that mean everything my students did is now lost?

Thanks,
Justine
  • See Changes Not Syncing. Specifically, there may be a sync error icon next to the sync button, and clicking on it would tell you the problem.
  • I only realized the problem after we had left the lab so I can’t check for that error now. I didn’t notice any error symbol when we were in the lab, however. And it’s not that all changes weren’t syncing. All the books they added to My Library were showing up both in the app and online.
  • It sounds like there may be a sync error just on the one machine then.