Tag changes - not behaving as expected

Hi -
I am having odd problems with tags. I am running Zotero 2.0b4, using Firefox 3.0.10 on WinXP. Fwiw, I am syncing two Zotero libraries.

1. Drag and dropping an item onto a tag in the Tag Selector does not add the tag to the item, as it should. The UI seems to behave right, for example the cursor-icon changes to the 'prohibited' symbol while I drag and then changes the 'drop here' symbol when the cursor is over a tag. But when I drop, the item does not get tagged. At first I thought it might be a refresh problem on the tag list, but it isn't. Also, this operation used to work for me but that was before I switched to the beta.

2. Sometimes unused tags don't disappear from Tag Selector. Here's an illogical situation: I have selected the 'My Library' folder, so presumably I should be seeing every one of my tags in the Tag Selector. But if I now click on the 'Display all tags in this Library' option, some additional grayed-out tags appear. Furthermore, I can't delete these tags using the right-click context menu. And here's something weird: when I try to rename these tags, the Rename Tag pop-up's text box is pre-filled with the word 'false'. And if I enter a new name in this pop-up, nothing happens.

3. Removing a tag from an item works only some of the time. As I understand it, the way to remove a tag from an item is by clicking on the minus-sign on right-hand side of the Tags tab. I have seen this happen correctly, sometimes. However, sometimes (most of the time, in my recent experience) nothing happens. Once again the cursor and the highlighting work as expected, but when I click the minus-sign there is no change.

4. This next one is just a nuisance in the interface, and somewhat hard to describe. Tags in the tag selector are non-breaking, so the width of a line of tags in the Tag Selector will never shrink to be narrower than the length of the longest tag. However, the column containing the Tag Selector can narrowed so that it is smaller than the long tag-name. But the lines of tags do not continue word-wrapping, because the line-length stops shrinking when it can't wrap the long tag-name. In antique HTML terms this is like having a 1200px-wide image displaying inside an 800px browser window -- the word-wrapping of text on that page will match the width of the image, not the width of the display window. The result in Zotero is that I cannot see all of my tags, because of one super-long tag. Why don't I just delete this tag? -- see item 2 above! I tried but the tag won't go away.

If you haven't gotten sick of this topic already, I have another question. Is there any way to use the distinction between User-added tags and Automatically-added tags? I see that the icon of each of these is a different color, but can I do anything with this information? For example can I choose to suppress display of the Automatic tags? Or can I differentiate these tags in the Tag Selector? This is not a feature request -- I'm just not aware of anyway to make use of this distinction. As you might have guessed, most of the problems I have encountered originate with automatically added tags. I have already deselected the option to have tags automatically added in the future, but right now I'm in the midst of cleaning up the existing ones.

Zotero is a brilliant product, by the way, and I'm totally delighted with the new version. Heartfelt thanks and congratulations to the whole team!