ODF Scan not applying citation style properly

edited September 19, 2018
Hi,

I apologize if this has been discussed before - I was unable to find something directly on point - but I'm having trouble with Zotero not properly applying my citation style when I do an ODF scan.

The style I use is a self-modified OSCOLA version (I used that handy-dandy visual editor that's linked somewhere on the page here.), and when I copy the citation directly in that format, then it comes out fine. But when I use a scannable cite option, it strips the darn thing of all the relevant stuff, like locator, prefix etc. Mind you I do put that stuff in by hand...Am I doing that wrong?

EDIT: I just tested the standard OSCOLA format. Also doesn't apply the format properly.

Thanks in advance!!!
  • Could you run exactly through the steps that you're running -- what are you doing, in what software, what is the input, what is the output (obviously only for one citation)? This should obviously work and we haven't had any other reports of problems.

The most common error is that people don't set a citation style in LibreOffice after scanning, so make sure you have your OSCOLA style selected under Document Settings in the Zotero add-on.
  • Hi Adam,

That did it! I didn't realize that I had to set the citation style again - I would open the unscanned version and set the style, then re-save, THEN scan. Didn't think to reset the darn thing.

THANK YOU so much! I spent the whole day yesterday messing around and testing in Word on my work PC and everything... *facepalm* :)