Trouble with proper website integration into the Library

Hey there,
I'm using Firefox to get my Website-snapshots in, this is working just fine. Afterwards I edited some more facts in the description (Year, author, ... ) after this I tried so implement it into my text, it comes out with a not wanted quotation mark on it. As I mentioned, it does not appear in my library as all the other citations.
Is there anyone who can help out with useful recommendations?
Tank you!
  • Can you show a specific example?
  • Thank you for answering.

I guess I got 2 issues here
    First: That's the link:
    (Zugriff am 08.09.2018 unter http://www.svlfg.de/60-service/serv02_brosch/serv0201praev/broschueren/praeventionsbericht_2016.pdf)

If I try putting it in with my changes I get this shown in the text
    („SVLFG 2016“, 2017)

(-> actually I wanted it without the quotation marks)

Second: It doesn't show up at all in my library below.

Tank you !
  • edited September 15, 2018
    The formatting is controlled by your citation style. It looks like the style you are using puts the title in quotes when there is no author present. Is “SVLFG 2016” the author or title of the web page? What style are you using?

I would edit the item to put “SVLFG” as an institutional creator (click the bar icon on the right of the author field to switch to one-field mode). Then out a more descriptive title.
  • I´m using APA style.
    SVLFG is the webpage- host/ publisher
  • You should change the item type for this to “Report” instead of Webpage. This would be a more correct item type. With APA, the publisher will be used instead of the title if no author is given.
  • I would also recommend entering the full title for the document:
    Sicherheit und Gesundheitsförderung: Präventionsbericht SVLFG 2016
  • Thank you, the first issue is solved!

But its still not showing up in the library, even after clicking refresh (additionally, because I also checked the automatic library update field)

Do you have a clue?
  • What do you mean, “Not showing up in the library”? Do you mean in the citation in your document? Can you describe exactly what you are doing in detail? If you place your cursor in the citation in your document and click Add/Edit Citation, then click the blue bubble for the item, and click Show in My Library, does it take you to the item you have edited or a duplicate?
  • Oh, ok.
    I meant the the citation in my document, right.
    Your third Question - I tried it and it showed me the exact item.

I implement my citations with Zotero into my document since a couple months without having problems. The way I enter them is to get the citation from the source into my Zotero, afterwards I Use the Add/edit citation to get them in the document, the citation list on the end is automatically updating itself.
    I took the exact same clickpath with the "now"report and it didn´t add up in the same way.

I hope I could explained it good enough.
    Thank you!
  • So after changing the item to Report, have you entered an author or publisher for the item? Can you please post a screenshot for how the item is entered in the right pane of Zotero to Dropbox or a similar site and link here?
  • (The basic issue is that Zotero has limited ability to import items like this sort of report that don’t have any standardized metadata. For reports like this, there will usually be some manual editing of the item required.)
  • I edited a institution (SVLFG) as an publisher, even if I don't know if this is the right way.
    Please have a look:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ydyjiz9j7vexmyl/AAB9fzGIrz_BijD11I7PtwWJa?dl=0
  • Delete SVLFG from the author position (this is fine for this publication in APA style). Alternatively, click the little bar icon at the right end of the author field to switch to single-field organizational author mode and delete SVLFG from the publisher field.

If you insert the item into a new document, does the citation come out correctly:
    (SVLFG, 2017)
  • Thank you again!

It didn't show up in my citations down below until I added the citations "a second time" underneath.
    (Hopefully) now I'm able to apply this to a couple of these concerns.

Thank you very much for your effort!
  • Do you still need to help? I'm having a hard following exactly what you are saying is happening and whether that is a problem. If it's easier, feel free to write in German.
  • Vielen Dank,
    das Problem konnte ich mit deinen Ratschlägen lösen.

(Falls es interessiert: Ich habe den Autor gelöscht, innerhalb eines neuen Dokuments funktionierte es einwandfrei mit der Wiedergabe in der Literaturangabe. Im Dokument meiner Arbeit habe ich die Literaturangabe komplett neu ausgegeben am Ende und da wurde diese gesuchte Zitation fehlerfrei abgebildet.)

Ich hoffe, dass meine anderen Beispiele als Website mit diesen Schritten auch wie gewollt abgebildet werden können. Vorerst brauche ich also keine weitere Hilfe.

Vielen Dank für den Support- vor allem am WE!