List of items that appear in more than one collection

I have one library set up to do a literature review, with collections underneath it for the relevant themes that emerge. I had an RA sorting the citations into collections with instructions to only put each citation into one collection. But, it turned out they often put articles into multiple collections. I know how to click to see which collections a given item is in. But is there an easy way to get a list of all items in the library that are assigned to multiple collections? Thanks!
  • I'm afraid not, no.
  • edited September 13, 2018
    While not by any means ideal, there is a way do do this with the Better BibTeX plugin and a little manual work. If you install it, enable jabref4 format, and export using the now-available "Better BibTeX" format, you can look for "groups" fields in the output with a comma in it.

Whether this is workable for you depends mainly on how desperate you are. It ain't pretty.
  • For future reference, opening the resulting .bib file in VSCode (or any code editor) and searching for the following regular expression did the trick for me

groups = \{([a-zA-Z\s]*),(.*)\}