Unable to sync with WebDAV

I'm syncing my library items with WebDAV and new machine I set up with Zotero does not upload attachments. I have configured syncing using WebDAV (boxes are checked for syncing full-text and attachments). The "Verify Server" button shows that the connection is successful. I was able to download previous attachments, but any new attachments are not uploaded. I have also tried resetting the sync history, but that didn't help. I tried a sync with debugging logging and submitted with ID D178215232. Any assistance appreciated!
  • What WebDAV provider are you using?
  • edited September 5, 2018
    (3)(+0000006): 349 files to download for My Library

(3)(+0000004): No files to upload for My Library
    @michaelmior: See Files Not Syncing. This appears to be debug output from the computer without the attachments you're trying to sync (or this isn't the first sync attempt after Reset File Sync History). All the files it's trying to download are just missing from the WebDAV server.
  • @bwiernik It's through my web host (DreamHost). It's served via Apache but I'm not sure if that's just a proxy or perhaps they're using mod_dav? I can contact their support if that's important.

@dstillman You're right that that wasn't the first sync attempt after reset, but it was from the machine which has files which should be uploaded. I performed the reset again and then synced and submitted logs again with ID D1837155797.
  • edited September 5, 2018
    I looked at the log myself. One of the items which isn't syncing is RRI56IMB. I see this:

(3)(+0000036): HTTP GET http://mmior:********@mior.ca/zotero/RRI56IMB.prop succeeded with 200
    (3)(+0000008): 1536160856000a44a27f716ac4b9b17a845251a14c739
    (3)(+0000016): Mod time for 1/RRI56IMB matches remote file -- skipping

It seems like the upload is being skipped because Zotero thinks the file already exists on the server, but it doesn't. This is quite odd. I tried fetching the file via HTTP and it does indeed exist. However, it seems like the WebDAV server is not aware of it as when I try issuing a PROPFIND request, I get nothing. Seems like it's an issue with my host. I'll follow up with them.
  • In the Zotero sync preferences, click the Reset tab, and run Reset File Sync History. Don’t use any of the other options there.
  • @michaelmior: I'm not really sure what you're saying here. The .prop file exists on the server.
  • @dstillman Yes, the .prop file exists, but it doesn't show up in directory listings and I get other weird behaviour from the WebDAV server.
  • ...it looks like I was just doing something dumb and using two different URLs on the different machines. WebDAV shouldn't have even been working on one of them which is why I didn't notice the failure. Sorry for the noise :)