Bibliographic details are misread in journals and amazon by Zotero desktop with chrome extention

Dear team, I was using Zotero desktop with mozila previously, now I went with chrome connector after formatting my system. Unfortunately now, the bibliography, especially the titles and author names are messed up and misread. Here's an Example:
for the following link,
https://www.epw.in/journal/2018/33/indias-democracy-today/indias-democracy-today.html

this was the bibliography I got generated on Zotero:
India’s Democracy Today, Making a Show: The Black Money Bill, Making a Show: The Black Money Bill, Making a Show: The Black Money Bill, Making a Show: The Black Money Bill, Making a Show: The Black Money Bill. (2015). Economic and Political Weekly, Economic and Political Weekly, Economic and Political Weekly, Economic and Political Weekly, Economic and Political Weekly, 53, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50(33, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23), 7, 7, 7, 7, 7–8, 8, 8, 8, 8.

also for books on amazon, the following is an example of how the bibliography is created by Zotero:
Karunanidhi: A Life in Politics eBook: Sandhya Ravishankar: Amazon.in: Kindle Store. (n.d.). Retrieved August 28, 2018, from https://www.amazon.in/Karunanidhi-Life-Politics-Sandhya-Ravishankar-ebook/dp/B07CBZ1HNW/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1535473136&sr=1-1&keywords=karunanidhi+a+life+in+politics

Please note I chose APA as the output format.
  • For the epw.in site, you can see if you hover over the save button that it's just using Embedded Metadata — i.e., what the site provides — and the site is duplicating various metadata tags a bunch of times. It looks like our Embedded Metadata translator doesn't account for that and ends up duplicating values. We can probably fix that by just having it use the first instance of a field.

As a workaround, you can get slightly better metadata by saving the BibTeX or RIS version and opening the file in Zotero, though the metadata they're providing for that still isn't very good (and they're also not serving it correctly, which is why Zotero doesn't prompt to save it automatically).

The Amazon page mostly works for me:
    Ravishankar, S. (2018). Karunanidhi: A Life in Politics (1 edition). HarperCollins.
    (Edition field needs to be changed to "1" for it to become "1st ed.".)

What do you see in the Library Catalog field of the saved item?
  • Dear dstillman, thanks for that reply. I didn't feel comfortable using the bibtex so far. Mainly because, I'm a visually impaired user, and I access Zotero with NVDA screen-reader. Not all fields and options are quite accessible with the screen-reader... I work with the keyboard commands (Control+Shift+S) for saving items into Zotero. But I didn't face any such problem with firefox, is it may be due to some hitches in chrome?
    And where can I get the Library Catalog field of the saved item"? Here's the Report generated from the saved item:

Karunanidhi: A Life in Politics eBook: Sandhya Ravishankar: Amazon.in: Kindle Store
    Type
    Web Page
    URL
    https://www.amazon.in/Karunanidhi-Life-Politics-Sandhya-Ravishankar-ebook/dp/B07CBZ1HNW/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1535473136&sr=1-1&keywords=karunanidhi+a+life+in+politics
    Accessed
    28/8/2018, 9:49:24 PM
    Date Added
    Modified
    Attachments
    ◦ Karunanidhi: A Life in Politics eBook: Sandhya Ravishankar: Amazon.in: Kindle Store

I tried some other journals
    through jstor, and Zotero works mostly correct. For example:
    George, G. R. (2003). Pineapples and Oranges, Brahmins and Shudras: Periyar Feminists and Narratives of Gender and Regional Identity in South India. Anthropologica, 45(2), 265–281. https://doi.org/10.2307/25606145

Now I too get the amazon entries in order. Perhaps some issue with the way I save the items using my screen-reader..?

• could you say which Chrome & Zotero version you're using? This should just work.
  • Dear Smith, Here are the details:

Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Zotero:
    Version