Case problem in multilingual entries

I am having a problem with Zotero changing the casing on multiple fields in entries when it creates a citation in Microsoft Word. I have read many of the threads on this forum (such as https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/35297/title-case-problem-in-chicago-style) and documentation (such as https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/preventing_title_casing_for_non-english_titles). My problem, however, goes BEYOND the title field.
I have entries with an English title and a German or French journal name/book volume name/series name, etc. So changing the language field on an entry is not sufficient; there are often two languages (sometimes more) per entry, each with different capitalization rules. Zotero is messing with capitalization in multiple fields.
I can't even use code within fields to designate italics, superscript, etc., because it changes the code. See these examples:

1. Citation in Word: Hugo Lundhaug and Lance Jenott, The Monastic Origins of the Nag Hammadi Codices, Studien Und Texte Zu Antike Und Christentum 97 (Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2015), 45 n. 112.
Zotero entry series field: "Studien und Texte zu Antike und Christentum"

2. Citation in Word: “A Letter from the Teacher: Some Comments on Letter-Writing and the Manichaean Community of IVth Century Egypt,” in Coptica-Gnostica-Manichaica: Mélanges Offerts à Wolf-Peter Funk, ed. Louis Painchaud and Paul-Hubert Poirier, Bibliothèque Copte de Nag Hammadi
Zotero entry title field: "A Letter from the Teacher: Some Comments on Letter-Writing and the Manichaean Community of IVth Century Egypt", book title field: "Coptica-Gnostica-Manichaica: Mélanges offerts à Wolf-Peter Funk"

How do I fix this? Preferably by toggling this capitalization "feature" off. Thank you!
  • If all of an item’s fields are in non-English, enter the two-letter language code in the language field (e.g., fr, de).

If just one field or part of a field are in a non-English language, leave the language field set to en and surround the non-English text in <span class="nocase"> </span> tags.
  • Thanks @bwiernik !
    I know this post was from four years ago, but I just found it now and appreciate the simple solution.