More Options for Author/Type

Hello-as a recent Zotero user I am hoping one day there could be plans for more options of item types and contributor types. As a museum worker I think it is important to add 'Curator' and 'Exhibition Catalog' (as starting examples) for more accurate captures of information. I feel that if i can cite a text message, then I should be able to identify a curator in the arts field.
Additionally thank you for your wonderful tool, I look forward to any advice/response I might get.
  • Exhibition Catalogs seem to mostly be cited like books. What are your exact requirements?

There was some discussion a while back: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/13142

but it didn't get a satisfactory resolution. It seems to me that it would be possible to adequately cover Exhibition Catalogs by adding Event Place, Event Date, and Curator fields to a Book.

If that is the case, then the only major necessary change to the Citation Style Language is a 'Curator' creator type.

cc @adamsmith
  • It is possibly to sufficiently cite Exhibition Catalogs by using more fields, but I agree that the most necessary change to the Citation Style Language is still 'Curator' as a creator type. It would be often used across the arts and sciences field and think that it would be a good addition to the Zotero language.
    Thank you for your response and consideration.
  • Often times Curators take over the role of authors, especially in major museums where exhibition catalogs can have multiple essays or chapters written entirely by curators, where their role is not just that of the editor. I am not sure the proper format for citation but I do believe the distinction between author/curator is a necessary one.
  • @adamsmith There seems to be a good consensus that Curator is a necessary creator role.
  • Hello, I relay the similar request from a student, who also needs this role of curator. Hope it does not require too much investment. Thank you for your consideration.